A thing of beauty is a joy forever - John Keats
Friday, November 11, 2005
  Something to think about.

This is the first written post on my blog - I have always been shy to write stuff and I had resorted to letting pictures speak out for me. But I had just come across a site with some philosophical quotes and that got me thinking. I cannot help but share it with my viewers.

Consider the following quotes.

1.) Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

This looks so trivial on the surface, but give it a thought - it just seems so profound. I haven't read Alice in Wonderland in a really long time - I had read it when I was a kid, that too, the children's version. I now think I should go and get the unabridged version from the library and give it a thorough reading. It is just too fantastic.

2.) Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. ~Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

I am still trying to figure out what this means. I mean, is there something called "the end" ? And is it really possible to stop when you reach it? I don't know.

A few more quotes :
3.)
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky? ~Stanislaw J. Lec

4.) Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

5.) Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole. ~Author Unknown

6.)
You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb

7.) To learn something new, take the path that you took yesterday. ~John Burroughs

8.) Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. ~Roger Miller

9.) It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place. ~Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass, 1872

10.) No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place. ~Zen



 
Comments:
fabulous pictures indeed..I like those pics of fall...
 
A man who cannot count doesn't count. Period. If an illiterate ever found a four leaved clover, I would confisicate it from him.

"Don't miss the medu wada by looking through the hole" - A hungry Akhilesh
 
Thanks for your comments, "solitary reaper". Do I know you?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
anyway the pics of fall are lovely.. makes me want to app..
 
Hi Swapna, of course I remember you. Its just that "solitary reaper" did not ring a bell ;-)

Anyways, how are you and how are acads going?
 
u know me.. this is swapna from iit madras.. does it ring a bell.. narmad hostel night .. i was with u most of the time.. ur host was my host too..
 
hey gr8 pics n good to c the changed format.. even i was thinking abt penning a few lines..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: United States
Archives
February 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]